What special songs do I need to select for my DJ?
There are certain events throughout your wedding day that give you the opportunity to use songs that are special to you. Here’s a list of wedding day events that you may want to request songs for ahead of time. If it looks daunting, don’t stress about it, your DJ can work with you and give some ideas as well. Generally, the best rule of thumb is to select songs that are meaningful to you…after all…it’s YOUR wedding.
- Wedding party procession: When the groom, bridesmaids and groomsmen are all walking “down the aisle”to the officiant for the ceremony.
- Bridal procession: “Here comes the bride…dun…dun..du..dun” I don’t think Frobaby Productions has ever played the, “Here comes the bride” song for a procession, but we could.
- Ceremony recession: After the ceremony is over and you leave the ceremony site followed by the wedding party.
- Wedding party introductions: If the MC or DJ is introducing the members of the wedding party, a background song for this is great. Or, you could choose a different song for each couple being introduced.
- Grand entrance: “For the very first time…Mr. and Mrs. Johnson!!!” Boom! Play an energetic song.
- First Dance: Of course, this would be a song special to you.
- Father/Daughter Dance
- Mother/Son Dance
- Cake Cutting: Some couples choose one, others let the DJ make their best judgement.
- Bouquet Toss: Like cake cutting, some choose a song and others let the DJ make a great choice based on the energy of the guests.
- Garter Removal: Can never go wrong with “Let’s get it on.”
- Garter Toss: Loud and rowdy is usually fun for this one.
- Couples dance: Sometimes having all married couples dance a slow one is a nice way to open the dance floor.
- Send off song: Final song of the evening